[announce] Upcoming NYC*BUG Meetings

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Wed Mar 28 09:04:02 EDT 2012

NYC*BUG web site is located at http://www.nycbug.org
NYC*BUG on IRC: irc.efnet.org, #nycbug

********************************

Wednesday, April 4

The journey from user to contributor, Eitan Adler

Suspenders
http://www.nycbug.org/?action=locations#suspenders

This will be an open-ended Q&A-style talk covering contributing to
FreeBSD. By the end of the talk you should know what makes a good
problem report, how to best interact with FreeBSD developers, and how
the project handles PRs and anything else that may be relevant.

About the speaker:

Eitan is a second year student at SUNY Binghamton studying Computer
Science. He has been using FreeBSD since 6.2. He is a src and ports
committer and is part of the X11 and BugBusting teams.

********************************

Wednesday, May 5

The Useless Use of *, Jan Schaumann

Suspenders
http://www.nycbug.org/?action=locations#suspenders

********************************

Registration is open for BSDCan (.org).

The conference is less than 2 months away, so register soon.

LOPSA PICC

Registration is open for the 2012 LOPSA PICC conference, May 11-12, 2012
at the Hyatt Regency hotel in New Brunswick, NJ.  Sysadmins and IT
workers from Maine to Virginia are expected to attend the most talked
about, community-driven, sysadmin conference of 2012!  We're excited to
announce our slate of speakers and world-class tutorials for 2012.
Complete details at http://picconf.org.