[announce] NYC*BUG Upcoming

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Sat Nov 2 23:50:33 EDT 2013

November 6 2013
Regular Expressions Fundamentals, Moe Nasser
6:45 PM
Suspenders Bar and Restaurant backroom
111 Broadway

This meeting will cover regex basics, and based on audience
participation, it may go well beyond.

A regular expression (regex) is a sequence of characters describing a
search pattern. Regular expressions can match just about anything. Their
power can shorten code, turbo-charge your use of interactive UNIX
shells, and change the way you use your text editor. And, they're fun.
Regular expressions are everywhere. Regular expression processors exist
in *every* programming language, and they are fundamental to grep(1),
sed(1), awk(1)- as well as UNIX shells. Classic text editors have regex
processing at their core, vi(1), emacs(1), based on ed(1). You may even
use regular expressions without consciously knowing it!

******************************

There will be NO December meeting for the first Wednesday of the month.

December 2013 Technical Community Meta-Party

As we did last year, we are working with other technical user groups in
New York City for a holiday party.  The date is being determined, but
once again there will be an open bar with hors d'oeuvres, and a great
opportunity to network.

February 1 2014

NYCBSDCon: The BSDs in Production

We are working on a great line-up of speakers focused on a array of
scenarios with the BSDs in production environments.

Stay tuned as details are released, but as always, jump in and play a
role in making this a successful conference.