[announce] NYC*BUG Tonight; get your NYCBSDCon tickets

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Wed Jan 8 08:05:34 EST 2014

Besides the meeting on Wednesday night, it will be the first chance to
purchase tickets for NYCBSDCon 2014 in the hour before the meeting,
starting at 6 PM in the backroom.  Be sure to bring $25 in cash to cover
your admission.

Online registration will open soon, but the cost will be higher than
paying in person.  We will organize another opportunity to purchase
tickets at $25 before the conference.

Our speakers are lined up, and we'll be posting the full program shortly.

www.nycbsdcon.org

*******

January 8 2014, Wednesday
Suspenders at 111 Broadway just above Wall Street
645 PM

OpenBSD: A Crash Course, Brian Callahan

Abstract

With issues of privacy and security occupying the forefront of recent
international news, a reexamination of the technologies used in one's
personal and professional infrastructure is essential.

This talk will highlight why OpenBSD should be at the forefront of these
reexaminations. Whether you are a long time *BSD user or are completely
new to *BSD, you will discover why OpenBSD excels in these areas and why
its security reputation is well deserved.

Speaker Bio

Brian is a graduate student at Monmouth University studying
Anthropology. He is an OpenBSD developer, working primarily on ports.