[announce] NYC*BUG Wednesday: Cloud and Colocation

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Mon Jun 2 18:20:53 EDT 2014

We are set to meet this Wednesday, June 4th at About.com.

The meeting starts at 630 PM, 1500 Broadway with the entrance on 43rd
Street, 6th floor.  Please rsvp to rsvp at nycbug.org and bring photo
ID.  RSVPs must be received by 4 PM on Tuesday, June 3.

Cloud and Colocation

Continuing the recent talk@ and offline discussions, this meeting will
feature a few speakers approaching the question of colocation in data
centers and the cloud.

The issue is a regular feature in many of our lives.  Is "the cloud"
just a marketing phrase that replaces hardware capital expenditures with
deceptively high monthly recurring costs?  Is this the end of the road
for colocation?

We have three speakers briefly approaching the question from three
different angles.  We look forward to a dynamic and engaging discussion.

Please stay tuned for future meeting locations.  We're working on it!