[announce] NYC*BUG announcements

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Sun May 4 10:22:26 EDT 2014

Some important news:

*  It looks like Suspenders is closing for good May 23rd.  We will be
meeting elsewhere starting in June.  It was the longest run we had at
any single meeting place.  We are working on a few options, but
interested in any other possibilities.  A space that fits =<40, if a
corporate space no strings attached.  Ping admin@ if you have some ideas.

******

May 7
John Baldwin on bhyve
18:45, Suspenders Bar and Restaurant

Abstract

One of the new features in FreeBSD 10.0 is bhyve: a BSD-licensed
hypervisor. This talk will describe some of the unique properties of
bhyve and its design focus. It will also provide a brief introduction on
running guests from bhyve including host configuration as well as a
brief demo.

Speaker Bio

John first started using FreeBSD in 1996 and has been an active kernel
developer since 2000. He has worked for various companies that use
FreeBSD with a recent penchant for hacking on bhyve. John lives in New
Jersey with his wife and three kids.

BSDCan is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Feel free to use talk@ to
coordinate transportation, meetings, etc.

Also, on Sunday May 18 in Ottawa, the BSD Certification Group will be
holding a beta lab for the BSDP certification.

More details here:

http://www.bsdcertification.org/news/bsd-professional-lab-exam-beta-opens-at-bsdcan-2014