[announce] NYC*BUG Upcoming

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Mon Feb 5 15:17:00 EST 2018

Feb 7 2018, Wednesday, 1845
Reproducible builds on NetBSD, Christos Zoulas
LMHQ, 150 Broadway, 20th Floor, Manhattan

I will talk about my recent work getting reproducible builds on NetBSD.
The talk will be based on information that I first posted at:

https://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/netbsd_fully_reproducible_builds

and it will have more detailed examples of the toolchain, build, and
application changes that every OS needs to make to achieve reprodicibility.

I will also discuss the meaning of timestamps and other "build-specific"
information that needs to become predictable for fully reproducible
builds, and if it is worth faking in the first place to achieve
identical built artifacts at the media level.

Speaker Bio

I live in New York City and work in the Finance Sector. I spend most of
my free time with my kids. When they let me I try to write and fix
things for NetBSD/file/tcsh/libedit/... and other pieces of code I've
worked on over the years.

Other Upcoming *BSD Events

AsiaBSDCon in Tokyo, Japan March 8-11
BSDCan in Ottawa, Canada June 8-9
EuroBSDCon in Bucharest, Romania September 22-23