[CDBUG-talk] Meeting Followup

Patrick Muldoon doon at inoc.net
Mon Aug 1 08:20:51 EDT 2005

On Jul 31, 2005, at 7:15 PM, Jonathan Franks wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was at Panera from 5:20pm to around 6:20. At that point it seemed
> clear that there would be no turnout this evening, so I went home. No
> big deal, I was able to have some tea and read for a while.

Again I was in the same boat as Garance. I forgot about the meeting,
(Well i did remember about 5:30, but I was heading west on I88 near
Schoharie, so It was a tad bit late to turn around.)

> However, with 26 people currently subscribed to the list, I'd really
> like some thoughts on how to increase turn out for the monthly
> meetings. I personally think that a change of venue is in order, but
> perhaps together we can work out some ideas to increase attendance.

> I'm open to anything, from different days to specified presentations,
> to free beer. (Okay free beer might not be feasible)

Ok bring on the dancing girls :).

> Anyhow I look forward to hearing everyones thoughts. Be frank, be
> honest.

I don't have any real/valid suggestions, as I like the idea of just
hanging out and discussing various topics.    As for where to have
them it doesn't matter too much to me, is the parking really that bad
at RPI ?

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

'Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.' - Westley, The Princess Bride