[CDBUG-talk] Meeting Followup

Jonathan Franks jonathan.franks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:02:53 EST 2005

Hi All-

I want to thank Garance and Jesse for coming out this evening. I thoroughly
enjoyed the meeting and the conversation.

Having the meeting at the East Greenbush Panera, however, was a bit like
meeing in a hospital cafeteria, except that the pages were regarding
sandwiches instead of doctors.... IOW it was a rather noisy environment. As
much as I enjoyed saving the extra 30 minutes round trip, I have to admit
that the Latham Farms location is much nicer.

I would still prefer to have a meeting environment that is truly suited to
our purpose, but in its absence, I would have to vote for a return to
Latham....

This assumes that people are unwilling to come out to Valatie... because I
am certain that I could get use of the school complete with a lab and
projector.... heck I could get access to a full sized movie screen and a
_very_ large LCD projector for presentations if there were a need. The down
side is that it's about a 30 minute drive east from Albany.

In any event that is entirely up to the group, not me. (Patrick, you are the
furthest out, and I don't know how this would work for you...) It also
occured to me that we might consider switching to weeknight meetings if it
would promote better attendance.

Anyhow these are just some random thoughts. Let me know what you think.
Also, it would be cool to have a plan for next month... as I am sure that we
could get better attendance by giving more than 1 or 2 days notice for a
meeting :)

Well,  let me know....

-Jonathan