[CDBUG-talk] Meeting Followup

Patrick Muldoon doon at inoc.net
Wed Dec 21 08:16:58 EST 2005

On Dec 21, 2005, at 12:02 AM, Jonathan Franks wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I want to thank Garance and Jesse for coming out this evening. I
> thoroughly enjoyed the meeting and the conversation.

I was really planning on being there, but alas things didn't work out
quite as planned.  Me got a late start on doing our "Xmas shopping"
yesterday, so we missed the early showing of harry potter, so we saw
the 3 o'clock instead.  That didn't get over till 5:40 and by the
time we got out of the mall and got some dinner it was almost 7, so
the ride to East Greenbush just didn't happen.

> I would still prefer to have a meeting environment that is truly
> suited to our purpose, but in its absence, I would have to vote for
> a return to Latham....

> This assumes that people are unwilling to come out to Valatie...
> because I am certain that I could get use of the school complete
> with a lab and projector.... heck I could get access to a full
> sized movie screen and a _very_ large LCD projector for
> presentations if there were a need. The down side is that it's
> about a 30 minute drive east from Albany.
>
> In any event that is entirely up to the group, not me. (Patrick,
> you are the furthest out, and I don't know how this would work for
> you...) It also occured to me that we might consider switching to
> weeknight meetings if it would promote better attendance.

> Anyhow these are just some random thoughts. Let me know what you
> think. Also, it would be cool to have a plan for next month... as I
> am sure that we could get better attendance by giving more than 1
> or 2 days notice for a meeting :)

If the meetings are on a weeknight there is a much better chance of
me coming out (be it to valatie or not on a weekday, as I am already
most of the way  there).

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened?