[CDBUG-talk] July Meeting Followup

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Sun Jul 31 21:15:13 EDT 2005

At 7:15 PM -0400 7/31/05, Jonathan Franks wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I was at Panera from 5:20pm to around 6:20. At that point it
>seemed clear that there would be no turnout this evening, so
>I went home. No big deal, I was able to have some tea and
>read for a while.

Ugh.  I forgot all about the meeting.  I think my brain has
short-circuited -- most of this weekend was made up of me
forgetting one thing or another.

>However, with 26 people currently subscribed to the list, I'd
>really like some thoughts on how to increase turn out for the
>monthly meetings. I personally think that a change of venue is
>in order, but perhaps together we can work out some ideas to
>increase attendance.

I was going to suggest that we just meet in the computer center
here on the RPI campus.  Parking would be annoying, as always,
but there's a conference room here in the VCC that I can get
into. I have a new Powerbook G4, and I was thinking it might be
entertaining to try and install freebsd/ppc on that.  I'm not
sure it would have been *successful*, but it might have been
entertaining.

On the other hand, imagine how stupid it would have been if I
had suggested that, and then forgot to show up for the meeting!

>I'm open to anything, from different days to specified
>presentations, to free beer. (Okay free beer might not be
>feasible)

It might also be that people are gone for the summer.  I know
that several people I work with are gone for the next week or
two, with vacations.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu