[CDBUG-talk] sendmail question

Toll, Eric etoll at vipstructures.com
Thu Jun 23 11:54:16 EDT 2005

> Great idea, thanks for pointing it out!
>
> This leads to another question though -- the concurrency
> setting would limit simultaneous messages, but is there a
way
> to add a delay between messages? It wouldn't have to be
too
> long, but 3-5 seconds is kind of a minimum to make sure
the
> #*$@(( system is done processing the last message it got.

Yes, incorporate a policy server which has rate limits.
(Postfix addon) Specifically this one:
http://policyd.sourceforge.net/
It uses mysql to remember who, when and how much....
Pretty easy to setup.

I use it for other functions, but it will do rate limits,
the policy server will merely issue a "451 try again later",
so this will work well for you.

Change the Makefile (for FreeBSD) to:

# Please setup your default paths for includes, example
follows:
#
inc      := -I/usr/local/include/mysql
lib      := -L/usr/local/lib/mysql

as the default included paths didn't work for me.

The command run is "make linux"
Do let "us" know how you made out!

Regards,
Eric