[CDBUG-talk] NAS hardware - MaxAttach 3000

Mark Hutchinson m.hutchinson at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 10 21:44:48 EST 2008

Yep, one of the ways I had to use to fix it was to disconnect a drive and
wipe it completely. No floppy header, but there are four 2x5 pin headers,
one with a blue shroud, and the other three are shroudless. IIRC, someone
had listed that it the shrouded one was a COM port. I assume there are two
usb headers, and one more COM port there.

There is also a 1x8 pin header that may be the LCD display header connector
for the MAX 4000 model (more fancy, 1U mountable, 4 drive version). If I
could find 4 2.5" drives that were worth the while, I might be tempted to
try and get four drives mounted and see if RAID5 is an option. Definately
not enough room in the case for four 3.5" drives.

I'm thinking that it would be easier to pull the drive and put in another
system to upgrade the OS. Or at least to load FTP on it if it's not there
already...

Mark