[CDBUG-talk] Slow webmail

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Fri May 15 12:23:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Patrick Muldoon <doon at inoc.net> wrote:
> go to squirrelmail 1.4.18 :)

Well of course!  :)

1.4.17 was what the FreeBSD ports had to offer.  No real reason beyond that.

> TCP dump traffic between the web and the and the IMAP/SMTP servers

FWIW, I did a tail -f /var/log/maillog while sending a message.  The
message was sent and even delivered via postfix and procmail almost
instantaneously.  A few seconds later, an IMAP connect was made (yes,
I'm using imapproxyd) with a login and a logout.  Then, several dozen
seconds later, the index of messages for the Inbox appears in my web
browser.

I'm starting to suspect Apache or maybe the mod_perl system that I
have for another web application (Request Tracker).  I'm going to
comment that out of my httpd.conf and see what happens.

Thanks,
Jaime