[CDBUG-talk] DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Wed Jan 13 06:49:57 EST 2016

Patrick, I get daily emails about the security status of installed ports
without those from jobs you mentioned.  I think that it is built into the
daily and weekly cronjobs.  Or maybe I configured it with periodic.conf.

I agree with your assessment, though.  It is probably a port dependency.

I also agree with the idea of putting freebsd-update into cron.  Between
that step and VM snapshots, I've found FreeBSD to be a dream come true
(again) for OS updates.  What I used to do once every 6-18 months out of
fear of breaking a critical system has become a monthly task that takes a
few minutes to complete. It's great!

Jaime