[Jobs] [nylug-job] New York University seeks Systems Administrator
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 2 11:01:42 EDT 2005
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #327
* Submitted On: 2005-08-02 07:41:03
* Company: New York University
* Contact: Randy Wright,
* Email: randy at nyu.edu
* Url: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=326102&type=sear
* Phone: 212-998-3164
* Fax: Not Specified
* Reference No: 3581BR
* Title: Systems Administrator
* Salary: Not Specified
* Description: eServices. Oversee smooth operation of hardware and software on computing systems in support of University computing systems. Perform installation, testing, maintenance, upgrades and administration of operating system and application software. Fine-tune system configuration for reliability and performance; develop monitoring and testing tools; troubleshoot problems; and ensure system remains operational. Monitor systems for performance and security; implement system policies to adhere with departmental policies and standards; and research and recommend configurations for new systems based on vendor and industry trends and contacts.
* Required Skills: Bachelor's degree and 3 years' relevant experience with system administration including installation, maintenance and support or an equivalent combination. Knowledge of Linux and Solaris are required. May require related specific experience with any of the following: operating systems, servers, hardware, network administration, authentication systems, client server applications, designing/developing system enhancements and software applications, programming experience with modern languages and, application software, protocols, tools and utilities. Proficiency with multi-vendor hardware/software management, security, network/Internet protocols. May require any of the following: problem identification/resolution, performance management/tuning, and design configuration/planning. Knowledge of related large-scale computing systems and/or product installs and maintenance. Ability to provide technical leadership and management of complex, large-scale computing systems projects. Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Please note: This job is NYU Refer eligible.
New York City, NY
* Furthermore: To Apply goto to the NYU Job Website at http://www.nyu.edu/hr/employment/apply.html. Click thru to job search->search and enter 3581BR in the keyword field.
More information about the jobs