[Jobs] [nylug-job] LinkShare Corporation seeks System Administrator
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 12 15:51:01 EDT 2005
Published via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #336
* Submitted On: 2005-08-12 15:45:51
* Company: LinkShare Corporation
* Contact: Dan Simones,
* Email: dsimoes at linkshare.com
* Url: http://
* Phone: Not Specified
* Fax: Not Specified
* Title: System Administrator
* Salary: Commensurate With Experience
* Description: I manage a team of 8 people, including sysadmins, DBAs, and IT support. I am looking to add one more sysadmin. This person should have formal work experience in both Linux and Solaris. You will be part of a team managing a multimillion dollar architecture across several data centers. You will be required to participate in an oncall rotation. Our technology is cutting edge and we enjoy a casual, relaxed work environment, but expect to put in the hours when projects demand it. Bonuses are paid to the top performers.
Reply with a resume, current salary and salary requirements, and where you currently live. No relocation is available.
If your resume looks good, you will have a phone interview, which may lead to one or more in-person interviews. Expect to be asked detailed questions about anything on your resume, and an in-depth technical grilling if you are asked in for a face-to-face.
This opportunity is very real and immediate. No egos or supergeeks wanted (we've already got enough). I'd be thrilled to find a recent graduate without much work experience but tons of hands-on linux work, who has a good attitude and is willing to learn.
Location is around Union Square though at times you may need to travel to our data centers in New Jersey. Access to a car would be very useful.
* Required Skills: Well versed in Linux and familiar with Solaris and Sun hardware (most of our Solaris will be gone in 6 months; ). Familiar with general networking and security concepts, the more the better. Experience managing hosts in a data center would be wonderful.
New York City, NY
More information about the jobs