[Semibug] Meeting location

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com
Thu Nov 5 17:09:05 EST 2015

On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 01:24:35PM -0500, Mike Wayne wrote:
>    The group should have a "focus". Michael Lucas tends to focus
>    on the presentations. Semislug always allocated a significant
>    amount of meeting time to social interaction (starting with the
>    "welcome and abuse of new members") and presentations were
>    secondary. Different people attend for different reasons.

I figured the first meeting would be relaxed. We'll probably get
someone to talk about something for a little bit just to break the
ice, but mostly figure out how we want to run.

Semislug goes waaay far into social these days--I don't think they've
had a presentation in years. mug.org has two presentations a session,
which is a bit much.

My thought is: one presentation, then talk/social/whatever. But
that'll depend somewhat on who is there and the way everyone feels.

Lots of good points deleted here, but:

>    Once a date/time and location is picked, it's CRUCIAL that it
>    remain consistant over a long time (as in years).

Yep.

>    Having said all that, I did promise Michael Lucas the last time
>    I saw him that I would look for possibilities. I need to do some
>    digging through ancient email and it's been a busy week.

Get on it, dude. ;-)

--
Michael W. Lucas  -  mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com, Twitter @mwlauthor
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/, http://blather.MichaelWLucas.com/