[Semibug] Semibug Juniper EX/SRX demo notes 16-Feb-2016

Jeffrey David Marraccini - Outlook.com marraccini at acm.org
Tue Feb 16 22:15:07 EST 2016

My notes are below.  Thank you for the great meeting!

—

Semibug Juniper EX/SRX demo notes
Monday, February 8, 2016
15:59

vSRX evaluation information (images are available currently for KVM and VMware, but may be converted into other Hypervisor formats):
http://www.junosworkbook.com/workbooks/jncia/deploying-firefly-perimeter-vsrx-on-vmware-workstation <http://www.junosworkbook.com/workbooks/jncia/deploying-firefly-perimeter-vsrx-on-vmware-workstation>
And
http://www.juniper.net/support/downloads/?p=junosvfirefly-eval#sw <http://www.juniper.net/support/downloads/?p=junosvfirefly-eval#sw>

Please be mindful of the license agreements.

I strongly recommend setting a snapshot in your hypervisor before booting up the vSRX, and set another one once you get it configured perfectly.  Save your configuration separately on your host so that if you need to reset the evaluation period, you may recover from that first snapshot, re-import your configuration, and keep learning or evaluating!

Ansible template for Juniper JUNOS:   https://github.com/dgjnpr/ansible-template-for-junos <https://github.com/dgjnpr/ansible-template-for-junos>

JNCIA study guide covering JUNOS fundamentals (not much BSD shell work, alas):  http://www.juniper.net/assets/us/en/local/pdf/study-guide/study-guide-jncia.pdf <http://www.juniper.net/assets/us/en/local/pdf/study-guide/study-guide-jncia.pdf>