[Semibug] Food thoughts

Josh Grosse josh at jggimi.net
Sat Nov 4 07:04:41 EDT 2017

On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 09:58:00PM -0500, Mike Wayne wrote:
> Josh mentioned Las Tortugas, which we tried. We were quite disappointed,
> they messed up our order and mischarged us. Likely will not go back.

I'm sorry, I've never had an experience like that as a customer.  Service
always been good; as has the food.  My son and I focus on the
chorizo tacos, excellent with a little fresh lime.

> But, I've been starting to cook more Mexican food and needed a
> better source of peppers so we looked around and found Carnival
> Market on Walton in Pontiac. MUCH better food and it's a whole
> grocery store. They have an entire aisle for peppers!
>
> Mediocre guac & chips but great tacos, above average mole (I really
> need a good mole recipe) and the "heat" taco was really hot.  I'd
> skip the combos and just order an extra taco.
>
> I plan to return to pick up some bulk peppers.

Thank you for the advice!  That's relatively close to $DAYJOB
and I'll have to give it a try.

It's hard to find a good Mole dish of Texas, the further north
you go the more sugar they seem to add to it.

   -Josh-