[Semibug] SystemD is literally the kitchen sink of Linux ; Linux starting to feel more and more alien as the years go on

Andre Buskvekster andre at buskvekster.mooo.com
Fri Dec 8 14:00:14 EST 2023

Steve Litt writes:
> The preceding is quoted for truth. It's EXACTLY right.

I don't think it is an open source problem; I think it applies
to all remunerative work, and possibly even beyond work.

Edsger Dijkstra said:
> Simplicity is a great virtue but it requires hard work to achieve it
> and education to appreciate it. And to make matters worse:
> complexity sells better.

Or it is an open source problem in the sense that open source
is the apolitical, business-appropriate disruption of free software
communities.

Edsger Dijkstra also said:
> We should never forget the crucial distinction
> between the salesman and the scientist.
> It is the salesman's duty to please his customers or,
> if that is too difficult, to fool them.

I believe that we are able to make nice things precisely because
we accept that people won't buy them.

With distinguished salutations,
Andre