[Semibug] SystemD is literally the kitchen sink of Linux ; Linux starting to feel more and more alien as the years go on

Kyle Willett kyle.d.willett at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 05:37:48 EST 2023

Replying to Steve.

I don't hate Linux. It's a good OS in some distros. It was my first OS
other than DOS and Windows.

I just hate the direction it is going in. I feel like corporate backers are
engineering it for the hyper scalers and no one else.

I feel like the Linux space is constantly doing new stuff for the sake of
doing new stuff.

Ifconfig -> iwconfig -> ip a ?

I lament the days of Linux old.

Linux serves many good purposes today still it is just FAR removed from a
real Unix.

One can hate systemd and still like the Linux kernel and some of the GNU
tools.