[Semibug] Upcoming presentations

Aaron Lopez vieroninfo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:39:21 EDT 2023

Hi Jonathan,

I am looking forward to the next presentations, both the one on Backups and
the LPI presentation, this time if I don't make it it definitely won't be
for the different timezone...

Regarding LPI I recently started studying for "LPIC-1 Exam 101" (as
requested from the company I work for...) and have been using the following
free LPI study resource:
https://learning.lpi.org/en/learning-materials/101-500/ I must say that in
my opinion it is a really nice manual. Maybe a bit terse for complete
newcomers compared to other manuals I used when starting off in the Linux
world (https://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php) but also very nicely laid out and
quite complete. I also feel as if it is teaching me something for the BSD's
since some system aspects have common roots (I guess) and maybe also
because I tend to try and compare what is shown in the manual for Linux
with my FreeBSD system to see if the commands or arguments apply there as
well. One day I hope to read "The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD
Operating System by Kirk McKusick and George V. Neville-Neil" but now is
definitely not the right time for me.

Regarding the BSD certification, I had first heard about it on BSD Now. It
seems very interesting since it deals with the main BSD systems the only
thing I find strange is that last time I looked I couldn't find any study
resources of any kind for that specific exam.

Kind regards,
Aaron