[nycbug-talk] bof/linuxexpo prep

Marc Spitzer mspitze1
Thu Dec 11 22:58:32 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:17:52 -0500
"G. Rosamond" <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> ->I'll attempt to seduce booth bunnies into coming to our meeting.
>
> might not be a good idea politically, if i understand it correctly.
>
> it doesn't exactly encourage women members.

Get the booth bunnies.  It encourages pretty women members and it *WILL*
bring more men to the meeting also.  And as near as I can tell most of our target audience is men, look at nylug or nysa or lispnyc or unigroup.

Also for this to survive it needs to be enjoyable.  People must want to come, even if they are not too interested in "this" talk.  And a few( one or more ) wymen will screw that up with PC crap.  I have to put up with that at work and I will not put up with it(quitely anyway) on a social occasion.  Hell if they are not willing to tolerate my flaws why should I tolerate their's.  I may be a little too blunt, but for the sake of not giving offence to someone who may not even show up anyway why give up such a good marketing tool.

marc