[nycbug-talk] Internet billing

Isaac Levy ike
Thu Apr 1 03:16:16 EST 2004

Hi all,

Thanks everybody for posting such good info!

On Mar 31, 2004, at 1:21 PM, Kevin Reiter wrote:

> If anyone else has any info, please spread the word...

Another to add to this thread:

http://worldpay.com

I got this recommendation from a trusted colleague at PyCon last week,
(http://pycon.org)

He runs http:zopemag.com and http://www.pyzine.com , and he's a
Germany-based company, with half of his paying subscribers and
customers in the states- the rest all over the world.

With that, international payment simplicity is important for him, and
he raved about how good the worldpay gateway system handles exchange
rate currency; with the ability to stabilize prices dynamically in the
currency of a given locale.
i.e.: if you have a subscription/product which you want to offer at a
set rate abroad, you can set the prices abroad, and they do the
conversion to the dollar (or your local currency) automatically at the
time of purchase.

--
With that, I'm evaluating worldpay for our small isp, as about 40% of
our clients are abroad, so this is currently the gateway that's winning

With that, I'll keep this thread posted as we continue to settle our
solution.

Best,
.ike