[nycbug-talk] Hardware Whereto

Isaac Levy ike
Tue Apr 13 01:27:40 EDT 2004

Hi all,

So I was thinking, of starting a long-running thread here (hopefully).

Basically, I was just now wondering where the best place to buy a big
box of cat-5 would be, and realized I had no clue, and thought I'd ask
the list- but wait-

My thought got bigger, as I figure most folks buy tech over the net,
like I do, so the smaller independent computer component shops really
don't seem that prevalent- but- I'm not wanting to pay shipping on a
few hundred feet of ethernet.

What do other NYCBUG folks do?  Where, in NYC, do folks get stuff, if
at all?  Where to get a proper 4-post 48u rack?  Where in the city to
get harddrives and other commodity items?  Are the megastores all there
is?

To this thread, please recommend your trusted local spots for goods,
big and small.
I'll start with the next post...

Rocket,
.ike