[nycbug-talk] "The Code Book"

G. Rosamond george
Thu Apr 15 23:00:12 EDT 2004

But i got to be honest. . .I didn't enjoy much fiction, at all, but was
thrilled by Da Vinci's Code. . .historical/reality-based fiction has its
moments.

But it got to a point where the conspiracy theories and over-done
intricate plots which all reconnected at the end. . .but of course, all
starting with the solo authority hooking up with the beautiful but
overseas and undiscovered brain is getting a little trying. . .Da
Vinci's Code, Angels and Devils, Digital Fortress. . .etc.  Yes, "based"
in reality with CERN, etc.  Even a mention of Schneier that Schneier
himself mentioned at a talk recently in Da Vinci's Code on page 199.

Maybe Cryptonomicon doesn't go that route. . .don't mean to prejudge,
these conspiracies could all be true for all i care.  But you talk
encryption and cryptoanalysis, you talk conspiracies when it comes to
fiction.

Again, I should check out the book and not prejudge. . .

But for me, better to read reality.