[nycbug-talk] The truth about Cat6

Bob Ippolito bob
Tue Apr 20 21:27:38 EDT 2004

I also suggest cat5e.  I have a relatively cheap gigE switch with cat5e
here and everything works great.  I haven't done any real benchmarks,
but I can definitely say the performance is much better than when we
were using 100bt.  I don't take advantage of it much myself, but one of
my roommates does a lot of video work so the G5s get it on every so
often :)

-bob