[nycbug-talk] ftp site. . .

G.Rosamond george
Mon Aug 2 12:05:44 EDT 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Mike Sawicki wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:50:58AM -0400, G.Rosamond wrote:
>> does anyone have an ftp site i could use for g4u. ..?
>>
>> www.feyrer.de/g4u
>>
>> you would need to create the g4u user "install" with ftp access. And
>> have a few gig of space to spare ;-)
>>
>> Come to think of it. . .I'm sure there are others who might want this
>> too. . .
>>

> Why wouldn't you just want to use a local ftp server on your LAN?
> Seems to be more sensible than copying large binary images to and
> from the 'Net..

Of course. . .but all my boxes are in use right now. . .I may end up
doing some rejigging anyway for the issue of speed.  Plus that doesn't
help me with clients. . .

I was thinking more of a public service for nycbug members. . .although
there are clearly security issues here. . .

Wonder if g4u can use ssh/scp. . .time to RTFM. . .