[nycbug-talk] mail gateway

michael lists
Thu Aug 5 08:03:35 EDT 2004

I'm setting up a new mail gateway using OpenBSD.  I got the OS
installed, and the MTA installed.  Now I'm looking at filtering the
mail.  A lot of posts to the OpenBSD mailing lists suggest:

Fairly-Secure Anti-SPAM Gateway By Scott Vintinner
http://www.flakshack.com/anti-spam/

I have set up other mail servers with Postfix, SpamAssassin, and Razor,
and they ran well. So I thought this would not be too much of a stretch
for me. The only thing giving me trouble is all the perl requirements.
Specifically amavisd-new - http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/ requires
p5-BerkeleyDB.  Yea, I hear ya... yesterday, I thought that was trivial,
too.

I searched packages and ports and didn't see it.  I tried perls
install utility MCPAN, and it finds it, but fails.. in fact, MCPAN fails
on everything.  But that is for another day<grin>

Before I go any further, has anyone already built a port for that?
Michael

--
---