[nycbug-talk] NYCBUG Mailing Lists

Hans Zaunere hans
Tue Aug 10 16:26:28 EDT 2004

> > > I'm not sure I understand this.  Why would announce and talk be
> > > combined?  If they were combined, why would combining them imply
that
> > > they should be seeded with that talk-subscribers?
> >
> > If you're on talk, and announcements are posted to talk as they have
> > been, wouldn't you want to be on announce where announcements will
be
> > posted from now on?
>
> I might, but I also might not.  Changes in mailing lists should be
> handled very carefully -- the only time seeding an ML with the
previous
> subscribers is close to foolproof is if the ML has been renamed.

The merge was quite easy, actually.

> I understood your message to mean that I am now subscribed to two
lists
> (which is why I got the message twice): talk and announce.  This seems

That's correct...

> to contradict the notion of these two being combined.

Which is I why I said:

"This message will be the last message that is cross-posted.  Thus,
everyone should receive it twice; once on Announce, and once on Talk.
If you do not, please see http://lists.nycbug.org to manage your
subscriptions, or contact me directly for assistance."