PXE boot Re: [nycbug-talk] install fest

Kurt Miller truk
Thu Aug 12 11:09:29 EDT 2004

From: "George Georgalis" <george at galis.org>
> Looks like there is a OpenBSD/3.5/i386/pxeboot too... now to modify the
> bsd.rd to program my custom install. How is that file made?

If your going to customize the install, you may as well build
a stable system so that you install -stable with the latest
patches. I use a separate VMWare install just for building
-stable on. A dual booted laptop or extra machine works
just as well too.

See release(8), bsd.rd is built during that process. Modify
/usr/src/distrib/miniroot install.sh and upgrade.sh as needed
before doing the release(8) process.

-Kurt