[nycbug-talk] Job: freeBSD/bacula/spectralogic 10000

Freeman, Joshua j
Sun Aug 15 13:00:05 EDT 2004

I took a quick look at the NYCBUG site to see if it has a job board like nylug but didn't see one.

Here's the situation:

I have an ION computing rack-mounted server with a 4 drive RAID array running FreeBSD 4.10 stable.

It's connected to spectralogic 10000 tape library with 20 slots and 2 AIT (3, i think) tape drives.

I am looking for someone with enterprise-level backup experience to commit him/herself to:

1) installing bacula and getting it to successfully and reliably drive the SpectraLogic tape library including both drives and all the necessary functions.  It's worth mentioning that there are documented/known issues with FreeBSD and Bacula having to do with Pthreads...

2) once item (1) has been successfully completed, item (2) will be to consult with us in putting together a really top-flight backup scheme for about 15 application servers and a currently unknown number of workstations.

We need to achieve these 2 goals as soon as possible.

If you are interested in applying for this gig, please send me:

o  a current resume
o a brief cover letter
o what you would charge for this work- I'd like to know your hourly rate as well what you'd charge as a project fee to cover all the work for a fixed price.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Thanks!

Joshua

Joshua S. Freeman
Director, Information Technology, NYBG