[nycbug-talk] Flash petition 479 and counting. . .

alex at pilosoft.com alex
Tue Aug 17 16:51:45 EDT 2004

> Heh, I agree with most of your points.  But if I remember correctly
> there are ports of flash to IRIX and AIX (%99 sure about IRIX).  Those
> are not exactly huge customer segments.  Now granted, who knows what
> deal SGI and macromedia have (SGI testers for flash etc.) but I am sure
> the BSD folks can muster something up to help them out....I hope the
> code is not that unportable to make it such a huge deal to move it to
> another OS. -p
I'm willing to bet there were/are special deals involving Real Money to
get SGI/IBM to get on bandwagon.

Hell, there probably are more office desktops in IBM itself than total
number of BSD desktops...

-alex