[nycbug-talk] OT: Hello, My name is Don Tran, I am a LULA & UUASC Member

dqtran1 at earthlink.net dqtran1
Wed Aug 18 19:53:33 EDT 2004

Hello, My name is Don Tran, I am a LULA (Linux Users of LA) & UUASC (Unix Users Assoc. of SO. CA) Member

One of our UUASC members suggested I try your group.
May I please post the Intro and bottom message to your user group members?

My name is Don Tran and I am an MBA candidate at CSU Cal-Poly Pomona, at the School
of Business PMBA program.

I am desperately seeking respondants for my online MBA survey on Identity Theft
and Internet Security.

I am asking for permission to post or forward the following below letter to your
members:

The thesis survey is about Identity Theft and Internet security. It should take
about 4 minutes to do.

The questions are very generic. e.g. do you use a firewall, do you use encryption,
do you use virus scan. It does not ask for any individual names or company names.

The Professor and I tried to word it to not be intrusive.

The Chair for my thesis is Dr. Robert Schaffer, of the Marketing department/ School
of Business. this is his email for authenticity. rwschaffer at csupomona.edu.

The Co-Chair or second reader is Dr. Rhonda Rhodes, from the TOM (Techinical Operations
and Management)department/ School of Business.

The survey is 20 questions. and at the end there is a comments, questions, suggestions
section, that if you supply your email I will try to respond. The last section also
allows for you to supply an email address if you would like a short version of the
survey thesis results.

I am done hopefully after this survey with my Thesis and can graduate. It's all
down hill after I get the results.

Class of Summer 2004.
Thanks Don Tran

This is a formal request seeking
respondants to assist me to complete my MBA thesis by filling out my
online survey.

It should take about 4 minutes of your time. I am seeking and need 300 respondants
ASAP, to get a good sample. (Actually, I need as many as possible, as soon as possible,
more than 300 is fine, that's just a minimum I need).

Please feel free to assist me by referring others, to fill out this survey for me.
The only criteria is that they be in the IT/IS field. That is my target frame (for
reasons of the survey purpose). It is highly preferrable that the respondants be
in some way in the IT/IS field. This would include (software developes, coders,
programmers also). (That's why I contacted this group via the campus website)

Please click on this link to begin the survey.

http://216.156.234.71/don/

BTW, if you are unemployed, as some of us like myself are. Please fill it out as
if your were working at your last gig.

Thanks for the help,

Don Tran