[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD - Serial Port Configuration

Kliment Andreev klimenta
Tue Aug 24 22:30:06 EDT 2004

mlists at bizintegrators.com wrote:

>Can you provide entire dmesg?

Attached.

I've found at IBM support site, that by default these laptops come with
IR enabled using COM1. There is no way to disable the IR from the BIOS,
so I'll install Win3.11, load drivers for IR, disable IR and then enable
COM1 as external serial port and again reinstall OpenBSD. I hope that
when I disable the IR, after reboot, it will stay disabled. If not, I'll
put the laptop where I've found it. In a garbage. 760ED,64MB RAM,P1-133MHz.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=disable+infrared+760ed&uid=psg1DSHY-3P5QW4&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en

Thanks....