[nycbug-talk] null modem vendor...

Dave Steinberg dave-dated-1094232490.65cc91
Fri Aug 27 13:28:31 EDT 2004

>> On this topic, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a set of
>> RJ45-DB9 adapters.  Most that I've seen are designed to work with
>> rollover (flat) cables, but it makes a lot more sense to me to use a
>> standard cat5 cable and do the magic stuff in the adapter.  Anyone?
>> :-)
> ebay is your friend for "db-9 modular adapters". I think I bought lot
> of
> 50 for 25$ or so, last time.

I'm always scared that I'll get the wrong kind, since they seem really
sensitive to serial layouts and cable types.  I've never actually known
anyone who can buy them with confidence, except from an approved
vendor.

Plus I don't want to sit there rewiring those tiny little things for
hours if I do get it wrong.  If there is an elegant way to do such a
thing, I will buy several beers for the person who shows me!  :-)

Regards,
--
Dave Steinberg
http://www.geekisp.com/