[nycbug-talk] Easy to learn/use IMAP?

Charles Sprickman spork
Thu Dec 9 01:21:16 EST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> One of the ISPs I use has been down for 2 days.
> My clients are less than happy about not getting their email.
>
> Although I may not want to handle a mail server long term.. at least for now
> I need to bring up an IMAP/POP3 mail server from my home machine with DSL
> till I get another ISP or this one fixes the problem.

Two things: I second the postfix/courier (or binc-imap, very similar)
solution; I'd do that if I had it to do all over again.  Also the
vpopmail/qmail route is fairly easy if you are at all familiar with qmail.

Second thing:  Bway prides itself on handling tough situations like this.
If you say the word, we can set you up right quick with some
self-administered domain accounts.  We're pretty reasonably priced.  Call
and ask for Joe, tell him I sent you.

Thanks,

Charles