[WOT] Re: [nycbug-talk] CELL/Telemarketers - Warning?!

Godwin Stewart gstewart
Sun Dec 12 06:33:33 EST 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:13:41 -0800 (PST), G T <unixenigma at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is just a thought to consider... or a warning.

I just love it when people forward well-known urban legends to mailing
lists :o)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

"[Signing up with the National Do Not Call Registry] will not keep wireless
customer listings out of the proposed Wireless 411 database - it will only
add their phone numbers to a list of numbers off-limits to most
telemarketers, a step which is premature (because the Wireless 411 directory
has not yet been implemented) and largely unnecessary (because the Wireless
411 directory information is not supposed to be supplied to telemarketers,
and because FCC regulations already in place block the bulk of telemarketing
calls to cell phones)."

G. Stewart - gstewart at spamcop.net

BOFH excuse #417:

Computer room being moved. Our systems are down for the weekend.