[nycbug-talk] Call for pictures of the holiday party

Bjorn Nelson o_sleep
Fri Dec 17 10:19:50 EST 2004

All,

I remember we were taking a poll on what local NY isp's people liked,
and I recommended acedsl.  I am running into a problem but it's not
actually with them but others trying to access my site at home (using
acedsl).  I am only having problems from people on verizon dsl and
earthlink dsl.  It seems that pages only load partially or not at all.
He is on PPPoE and I read that problems like this happen when you use
the default Windows setting of 1500 MTU.  We set it down to 1438, which
was a point it stopped fragmenting at but it didn't seem to help.
Anyone else have this same problem or can guess what this would be
happening?  Anyone a verizon user that would like to help me verify
this?

I have a world of warcraft guild webpage that I have been using as a
benchmark, I am curious too see if anyone else can't load the page
completely either.  My friend loads the page but is unable to load the
image:
http://www.proteanorder.org

Specs:
384kup