[nycbug-talk] Important about finances of FBSD

G T unixenigma
Tue Dec 21 14:49:15 EST 2004

Actually it is $30,400 in donations not affected by the 2%

contribution limit. However, indeed 2% is $8000 for any single person.

I may be wrong.

GT

Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

On Dec 21, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Tillman Hodgson wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:54:18AM -0800, G T wrote:
>> Would it be better to collect money through NYC*BUG and then donate to
>> the FreeBSD Foundation? Or should it be just single member direct
>> donation
>> to the FreeBSD Foundation?
>
> If I understand their concern correctly (and I'm not sure that I do),
> they need a lot of small donations more than they need a single large
> donation.
>
> I sent them a donation this morning. If they had some kind of monthly
> or
> quarterly withdrawl plan that would be handy too.

Well, the largest "small" donation is around $8,000 at this point,
according to that newsletter. So, until we hit that number, it
wouldn't matter either way.

-bob