[nycbug-talk] Important about finances of FBSD

G. Rosamond george
Tue Dec 21 15:51:10 EST 2004

Let's avoid top posting. . . it makes these conversations confusing. .
. see below.

On Dec 21, 2004, at 2:49 PM, G T wrote:

> Actually it is $30,400 in donations not affected by the 2%
> contribution limit. However, indeed 2% is $8000 for any single person.
> I may be wrong.
> GT
>

> Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
>
> On Dec 21, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:54:18AM -0800, G T wrote:
> >> Would it be better to collect money through NYC*BUG and then donate
> >> the FreeBSD Foundation? Or should it be just single member direct
>  >> donation
> >> to the FreeBSD Foundation?
> >
> > If I understand their concern correctly (and I'm not sure that I do),
> > they need a lot of small donations more than they need a single large
> > donation.
> >
> > I sent them a donation this morning. If they had some kind of monthly
>  > or
> > quarterly withdrawl plan that would be handy too.
>
> Well, the largest "small" donation is around $8,000 at this point,
>  according to that newsletter. So, until we hit that number, it
> wouldn't matter either way.

I think that's right Bob, at least from my understanding.

Maybe we could have individual nycbug 'pledges' listed on our www site,
maybe we can keep it standard at $15 each user x 200 on talk that's
$3000 potentially. . . I'll them ask about a periodic contribution
operation.

George