[nycbug-talk] quagga

Tillman Hodgson tillman
Thu Dec 23 11:08:47 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 09:02:54PM -0500, Dru wrote:

> Anyone here ever use /net/quagga (the new name for zebra)?

Yup, we use it on a community meta-network (a network composed of
tunnels across the Internet). We just added two more nodes this morning.

> The interface is basically a stripped down Cisco IOS, but I seem to be
> missing how to get the commands I enter while in vtysh to be saved to
> any of my config files...

Either "copy run start" or "write file" will do the trick.

Note that Quagga writes the file from scratch, and thus it loses your
comments in the process. This sucks. See below.

> Alternately, if I edit the routing config files manually, "sh run" is
> still empty :-(

Restart the daemons after editing them. This is my preferred way to make
changes so that I can actually comment my config files.

Alternatively, for a small change, I'll edit the config file then make
the same change in the "live" interface, skipping the "restart the
daemon" step.

-T

--
Page 594: You will find that the Unix file system has a compelling
beauty: everything makes sense.