[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD + OS-X TCP slowness

Charles Sprickman spork
Wed Dec 29 18:14:20 EST 2004

Howdy,

I have an odd problem at home.  I have a FreeBSD box offering up web dav and
afp to the Macs in the house.  Transfers via either are very slow (200KB/S),
also confirmed with simple ftp.  UDP NFS is way fast.

Transfers between OS-X and an OpenBSD box are quick (4-6 MB/S), and transfers
between the OpenBSD box and the FreeBSD box are similarly fast.

So it looks specific to the two OSes talking to each other via TCP.  The
FreeBSD box has done this under 4.8 and 4.10.

Before I randomly start twiddling sysctl knobs, any ideas?

Thanks,

Charles