[nycbug-talk] conference registration project : helpers wanted

Dan Langille dan
Mon Feb 2 09:54:31 EST 2004

Hi folks,

I've been looking around at the conference systesms which are now
available.  I have been offerred the use of existing systems,
but I think we have a opportunity here to create something for our
own use and mutual benefit. I want to create a conference
registration system for BSDCan and for OSW (http://www.osw.ca/).  It
will be an open source project, free for anyone to use.

I have already drawn up some preliminary specs, and tossed together a
database diagram.  My tools of choice: PHP and PostgreSQL.

What I want to tackle first is:
- user registration
- talks
- locations (where is the talk)
- speakers (who is giving this talk)

>From this information, a website can create a page with talks, a page
with the speakers and their biographies, and a page with the location
on it (complete with maps).  Each page contains links to the others.
This is my primary short term goal.  Dynamic web page content.

Anyone wishing to get involved, please speak up.  If you want to
learn PHP/PostgreSQL, this is an ideal opportunity.  The project has
very small distinct tasks which will take a few hours to complete
(i.e. one evening).

Thanks

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/