[nycbug-talk] Meeting Location

Megan Restuccia megan.restuccia
Mon Feb 9 17:39:10 EST 2004

Is there a Barnes & Nobles in the area, or a Kinko's... Usually you can hold
meetings at B&N just by reserving an area in advance (usually without cost),
otherwise the Kinko's conference rooms are usually a pretty decent size.

The SageSecure room is a good size though, I think those chairs took up a
lot more room than necessary.  Is there anyway to get some benches?

Hope this sparks some ideas!
Megan
-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nycbug.org
[mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nycbug.org]On Behalf Of Mikel King
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 4:54 PM
To: wes at sagesecure.com
Cc: talk at lists.nycbug.org
Subject: Re: [nycbug-talk] Meeting Location

I don't know how often this would work but how would everyone feel about
two 30 minute sessions? I mean well split our group in half and use the
two rooms across from each other. After 30 minutes or so take a break
and swap speakers.

Wes Sonnenreich wrote:

>>->However all things being equal; if you find a better location that
>>->offers enough space and the price is right then I doubt if
>>->anyone would
>>
>>we should look. . .wes, is there anything larger available at 116 w
>>23rd?
>>

>Unfortunately, those are the largest rooms in our facility. If future
>meetings are going to be structured around a speaker and gather larger
>attendance, that space won't work. But, the space does work well for
>things like installfests where we can spread into multiple rooms.
>
>Wish I had more space, because the location is good, even for out of
>towners. The reality is that with the 1/9 on Seventh and 23rd, it's easy
>from Penn and PA ... the only place it's not easy from is Grand Central...
>with that you need to walk two/three blocks over for the 4/5/6 or N/R, or
>shuttle across to the 1/9.

Cheers,
Mikel King
Optimized Computer Solutions, INC
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.ocsny.com

You may like them. You will see. You may
like them in a tree.
http://www.FreeBSD.org
http://www.OpenOffice.org
http://www.Mozilla.org
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.