[nycbug-talk] RE: netiqutte, was closed port

Marc Spitzer mspitze1
Wed Feb 18 07:00:23 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:52:00 -0500
Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:

> CC'ing the originator has benefits. Sometime the list is lagged.  A
> conversation consisting of several messages can be completed by the
> time the second post arrives.

Well a nntp server would fix that, but that is a whole separate
discussion

> FWIW, I filter messages with the SENDER field set into another folder
> (i.e the NYCBUG folder).  Messages left in the main folder were sent
> directly to me.

I already filter by the list id header, but most of the things
I get via extra copies belong on the list.  But to make sure I need
to read the headers to see what is going on.  Its a needless annoyance.

marc