[nycbug-talk] list protocol. . .

Trish Lynch trish
Mon Feb 23 14:40:19 EST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Scott Robbins wrote:

> There's also the point that sometimes people simply don't realize there
> is a man page for something. For instance, on an irc channel, someone
> asked about speeding up FreeBSD and I suggested looking at man tune--the
> fellow hadn't realized there was such a man page.

its "man tuning" for the tuning(7) man page.

I have to say, the best thing anyone ever directly taught me about UNIX
in general was how to sue apropos(1) (aka whatis or man -k) and man.

-Trish

Trish Lynch					   trish at bsdunix.net
Ecartis Core Team 			      trish at listmistress.org
EFNet IRC Operator/SysAdmin @ irc.dkom.at             AilleCat at EFNet
Key fingerprint = 781D 2B47 AA4B FC88 B919  0CD6 26B2 1D62 6FC1 FF16