[nycbug-talk] update

G. Rosamond george
Tue Jan 13 22:50:21 EST 2004

->UPDATE - Library, Education, Reviews, Publications, Vendors
->
->I would like to remind everyone that we have a newsletter
->that is printed on-line and contains regular book reviews.

uh. . .what newsletter?  check the meeting notes. . .

->Therefore, I'll need to have an offline meeting with the
->webmaster to update our site with a library and review
->section.  The purpose of that space would be to let our
->members submit reviews of books that are of interest to the
->rest of us. These can be your own books or books from our
->library, that have
->(hopefully) been sent to us by publishers to review.  There
->is a remote possibility of getting some authors (other than
->Wes <grin>) to present at meetings.

sounds good.  i'm ploughing through wes' book right now.

will put together a review.

->We are recognized by the following Publishers:
->O'Reilly User Group Program
->SAMS Publishing, Sams User Group Program
->McGraw-Hill Osborne User Group Partnership

yipee. ..nice job.

->Contacted:
->Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference's User Group
->Program Addison-Wesley

excellent.

->Researched but not contacted:
->Bit Tree Press
->Walnut Creek
->Newnes
->No Starch Press *
->Wrox

talk to don witt at bsdmall about anyone else.

witt at cylogistics.com

introduce yourself.

->* From No Starch website: Beginning January 1st, 2004 our US
->distributor is O'Reilly & Associates

cool.

->Side Note:
->Does anybody have a copy of...
->FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your Personal
->Computer, Second Edition by Annelise Anderson

kick ass job michael.  we have *some* bases covered. . .

fliers for next week?

i got my 250 vistaprint.com nycbug cards. . .not bad.