[nycbug-talk] [Fwd: Re: Announcement: New York *BSDusergroupformed]

Okan Demirmen okan
Thu Jan 15 00:09:47 EST 2004

On Wed 2004.01.14 at 23:51 -0500, Rodrick R. Brown wrote:
> Marc, please read what I wrote and Aron got the point I was trying to make
> not sure why you didn't :-) "SOLARIS WAS BSD" you can't take that away from
> it period so all the extra stuff about your background isnt necessary :)

I think we are all stuck in symantecs (OS vs OS vs Name of Company).
SunOS was a BSD core, not Solaris (Two different OS's). Solaris has
BSD elements left over. SUN is the name of the company, and if we
want history, formally known as Stanford University Network.

I'm lost on the purpose of this thread, for the OP was caught up
in symantecs himself: BSD or not BSD.

and my $0.02

okan