[nycbug-talk] Newbie mailman from ports

Marco Scoffier marco
Sat Jan 17 12:08:37 EST 2004

Hello,

This new group corresponds perfectly with my first attempt to install FreeBSD ;)

The box will be a server for a non-profit.  Things went pretty smoothly,
I managed to upgrade the 4.8 system I had off a CD to the current 4.9
using "make world" and I rebuilt the kernel.  I got the /usr/ports
directory using cvsup.  I have been installing the necessary programs
through ports.  I have successfully installed postgres, apache+ssl but
am having problems with mailman.

mailman-2.1.4 is looking to install python-2.3.3 but
/usr/ports/lang/python/distinfo only has Python-2.2.2

how should I go about resolving this?

Thanks,

--
Marco